Monday, March 29, 2010

Faith in...


Last week, I had the joy of reading "Big God" by Britt Merrick. This incredible book highlights the necessity to live and walk by faith. It was a great read. Several chapters of the book highlight the heroes of the faith as mentioned in Hebrews 11. As I read this book, I was challenged with the level and intensity of my own faith. A few questions came to mind that I gladly submit to you today:

1. Are you living by faith?
2. What is faith?
3. How are we justified by faith in Christ?
4. What would the world look like if believers lived daily by faith?
5. Is your faith in the imperishable or the perishable?

Right now, some dear friends of mine are waiting to take their baby home from the hospital. Chris and Kristin Colquitt welcomed sweet Emma Katherine into the world last Tuesday. Emma is still in the hospital due to complications with her birth. My dear friends left the hospital on Saturday night without their baby. I hurt for them. I'm tearing up as I type these words. Please join me in prayer for sweet Emma to come home with her parents.

What is getting my friends thru each difficult day? Faith. What is guiding their joy? Faith. What is keeping them strong in their marriage and health? Faith. Their faith and assurance in the providence of God has been a refreshment to me. The least I can do is mention their names in this post and honorably place them as heroes of the faith in my eyes. They are still suffering. Please pray.

I have faith in the gracious and Sovereign Lord of this world. I have faith that the tomb of His Son is empty. I have faith in His saving grace. I have faith in His eternal joy. I have faith that He is fully able to strengthen Emma Kate and allow her the privilege of going home with her parents. I have faith in His blazing glory that outweighs the frailty of man's thoughts and opinions.

Perhaps if we spent more time lifting each other up in prayer...in honor of our Lord...we wouldn't have the issues in our churches that we do today? Perhaps if we lived by our faith and not by our selfish sight, we would continue to see His Kingdom advance on this earth? Begin today, in faith, and pray for my dear friends; the Colquitts.

Soli Deo Gloria

Dave

No comments: