Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great time in Wake Forrest

This morning, I'm closing out my time in Wake Forrest. I've been here since Thursday night, attending a preaching conference. My soul has been refreshed, my appetite for the Word has grown, and my desire to proclaim the unsearchable riches of Christ (Ephesians 3:8), has given me excitement to return home! I'm thankful for the Spirit's anointing over the ministries led by the men that I've heard this weekend. They have faithfully taken the Word to their churches and preached messages that are centered on Jesus.

My prayer this morning as we pack up and head home is for churches to quit the entertainment and to preach Jesus. I believe His message works the best. I like what C.J. Mahaney said last night, "I choose to be unoriginal." What a powerful statement! I really don't have to watch all the latest movies and listen to the latest gossip around celebrities that I will never meet...I can boast in the One that has set me free (Colossians 1) from the wrath that was aimed at me (Galatians 3:13). Why would I go away from that timeless truth? Why would any youth minister go away from that timeless truth? Why would churches subject themselves to preaching and programming that focuses on self and not on the empty tomb?

I'm heading home today. I'm ready to join my church family in corporate worship. I'm ready to boast in the cross. I'm ready to celebrate the glory of King Jesus. If any are offended because of the Savior...may they repent and enjoy Him forever.

Father, my prayer is for your Spirit today to equip churches to be ready for Sunday. Please ignite the bride to see every Sunday as a gift of the resurrection. Please forgive her if she gathers to talk sports and gossip. Please wash her continually and lead her to be radiant in Your eyes. We know it's only because of Jesus that we meet. Please remind us all of that tomorrow. To your Name be the glory, forever and ever, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: