Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hard to believe I get paid for this...

Us at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center near Atlanta, GA


I just got back an hour ago from working in one of the Operation Christmas Child processing centers in Atlanta. Joining me this evening was 14 students. From 6-10pm, I was blessed to enjoy both fellowship and missions with teenagers that stole my heart. We worked side by side, inspecting shoe boxes that were donated, and boxing them up to be shipped to India and Ukraine. I'm tired, but overjoyed with the evening.


Brooke and Eden (my sweet girl that hasn't been born yet...) are in Washington D.C. tonight. The evening worked out so well for me. Brooke left for a short trip with Emory University while I got to take students over to Suwanee, GA for mission work. I can't believe I get paid for this.


I don't enjoy sitting in my office and just doing 8am-5pm hour shifts. There are days in which sitting in my office drives me crazy (not to mention my rear end begins to hurt)! Sometimes, I just want to get out and do what Jesus called me to do that doesn't require a computer. Tonight, my Savior delivered a glorious opportunity to do an evening outreach with my students. Taking them home tonight after we worked in the warehouse, I was overwhelmed with love and joy in my ministry. I've been blessed to have 4 years at my church in the student ministry. Hearing my students talk behind me as I drove home in the cold rain gave my joy such beautiful warmth in the absence of my family. Again, I find it hard to believe that I get paid for this.


I love my Savior. I love my students. I love my job. I pray each day will be for the glory of my Risen King. If days require me to work just 8pm-5pm in the office, may it be for His glory. If days allow me to leave campus and serve the community with my students, may it be for His glory. If days require me to sit in meetings and work on administrative responsibilities, may it be for His glory. May all of what the Soverign Lord leads me to do...may it be for His glory.


What a glorious night. What a glorious Savior King. I can't believe I get paid for this.


Soli Deo Gloria,


Dave

No comments: