Sunday, March 22, 2009

Too Tired To Post; want to journal?

This is my BFF Jonathan. (Brooke is my BFFF). He has journaled everyday since June 1, 1997 (I think that is the right date) He hasn't missed a day. Oh, and he knows how to juggle water balloons. I praise God for Jonathan almost daily, for God used Jonathan to draw my attention to the joy and journey of journaling (3 j's; wow)

I had all the intention to write a post tonight to describe the marvelous weekend Brooke and I were blessed to have together in Washington D.C. However, I'm just going to tell you flat out; I'm tired!! With 10-12 hours of sleep in the past 2 nights, I'm out of it. So, I didn't want to have another day go by without something, so I wanted to share with you something random.


I love to journal. I encourage you to journal. I journal for these reasons:

1. I write out my prayers each morning. This allows me to communicate to the Father after reading His Word. I like to spend time in writing, as if I was writing a proposal letter to Brooke (which I did on December 22, 2005...in my journal. She kept the page. She said, "yes.") I believe that prayer shouldn't always be something we rush into as if we were in line to see "santa" in the mall, and only have a second with him before others get upset behind us. I believe that passionate prayers from a passionate heart truly draws the beauty of our privilege to pray.

2. I write out what the Lord continues to reveal to me. He uses both His Word and His Glorious presence through His Spirit, to teach me more about His perfect character. I love to write about how His sanctifying (biblical word for the process of becoming holy, set apart, more like Christ,) work continues to grow. He is amazing and all the steps I've made have only been made by His grace; His presence.

3. I write to demonstrate His Worth. I love to write of His beauty. For example, I was amazed not too long ago how beautiful the birds sounded outside. (I'm not some nature nut that hugs trees or anything like that,) but I truly believe the symphony I get to hear for free outside my house is something worthy to mention in my journal!

These are a few reasons. I've been journaling now for about 6 1/2 years now. It's been an incredible journey. I encourage you to give it a try. You'd be amazed at how much He reveals to you, teaches you, and grows you daily (for those that have experienced regeneration through His Spirit; another fancy word for being "born again"""") ---How do you put more than I set of quotations into a larger quotation? I don't know, so I put several.


I'm tired. This is all I got. I'll write about our weekend soon. It will be called, "Running for His Glory and taped Airplane Wing."


Blessings,


Dave

1 comment:

Brooke said...

A few comments:
1. Of course I said yes!!! What crazy fool wouldn't have!!
2. If you don't like journaling, try running :)