Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weekend Summary: Running for Glory and a Broken Wing













This is Brooke taking off for her 26.2 mile run (The national Washington D.C. marathon last weekend.) She ran the marathon in only 4 hours and 26 minutes. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. She began with a smile, and ended with a smile At mile 15, Brooke's dad decided to join the run to encourage her (this is the guy with the long black coat and the sunglasses; he looks like a member of the secret service.) This part made me laugh; my wife had great security! She still ran by with a smile. I (in my deep laziness) stood on the side and took pictures. I know, I'm lazy, don't judge me.





This is Brooke finishing the marathon. She ran for the glory of God. 4 hours and 26 minutes...pretty amazing. I'm so proud of her. Where I was standing was the finish line.




Brooke, in her victory. She ran the marathon. She completed the race. I look at this picture and it truly reminds me of glory. I love my bride. I love the fact that she never gave up, and continued to train. She ran for God's glory. In those 4 hours and 26 minutes, she prayed. She prayed for many. She prayed for the Gospel to be spread. Her running truly radiates the glory of God. I look at it as a perfect picture of salvation. She began the race (justification, made right in the sight of God through the blood of Jesus Christ), She continued on the race (sanctification, our daily process of being set apart and made whole by the Holy Spirit), and she finished the race (glorification, one day, we will be in glory, worshipping our Father in His holiness.) In Revelation 6:11, we see the martyrs; those men and women that ran the race, were given white robes in glory. I like how this verse connects us to that verse. Salvation = We were saved, we are being saved, we will be saved. Brooke ran the race (she started), she kept running the race , and she finished the race. God used her run to preach a marvelous message to me.





I'm not sure if you can see this at all, but this is the wing of our plane for the flight home. Our pilot informed us that the plane wing was experiencing some problems. In fact, screws were missing! No joke. They had a guy get on the wing with a drill and drill the screws back in. I jokingly told Brooke, "they should just use tape." Well...they did. See if you can see the tape on this pic:






I had a long quiet time on the plane ride home!! By God's grace, we made it home safely. It was a great weekend. I'm so grateful for the time we had away. I'm so amazed by the glory of God. From running a marathon to a broken wing...He never ceases to amaze me. Read Psalm 139. Some Good stuff.











































1 comment:

Brooke said...

I had an amazing weekend with you. Never underestimate your role on the sides cheering me on. You trained just as much as I did with much needed waterbreaks. And seeing you during the race was the encouragement I needed to keep going. You are NOT lazy, it's just God had a different role for you :) Thank you for supporting me in this, I'm so lucky to have a husband like you and I LOVED every minute of this weekend!