Friday, November 28, 2008

patience... a virtue?

I'm not a very patient person. Sometimes my impatience arrives in the smallest of situations. For example, the light that should turn green is set on red longer by someone operating it... just to make me mad. Or, "fast food" doesn't really live by the first name...or the second. I'm impatient in many ways. It's a flaw of mine. I don't like it. However, I have learned lately that my impatience sometimes creeps into my journey of glorifying the Father.

I'll tell you why. I love quiet times. I cherish any time with the Lord. It's sometimes takes me to the point that my anticipation leads me to impatience... I want Him! I need Him! I can't wait another second for Him! Is this bad? Is this unhealthy? I probaly would've quickly answered "yes" a while back... but now I'm not so sure. I wait with great anticipation for any time I can spend with the Father. Why? Because I'm convinced that a daily with the Almighty brings joyful desires for wanting to know Christ even more and experiencing the Spirit's presence on this side of glory. This morning, I read Galatians 3:13. I love this verse. Paul writes, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE " If I believe and rejoice in this truth... then do I want to wait for Him? Do I really want to carelessly find time here and there to spend with the REdeemer that set me free from the curse of the Law? I don't think so! The Son of the Living God took , my guilty. hopeless life of sin and turned me into an adopted child of the Almighty; white as snow. I believe that impatience in wanting more of Him is actually something all of us should strive for. Are you impatient in wanting more time with the King? Can you join Paul when he wrote, "More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but ththat I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death at which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith." I am an impatient man in many ways that I'm not proud of. However, I wait each day with such joy and excitement... and yes even impatience when it comes to time with the King of Kings.

Have you spent time with the King today? Are you ever impatient; waiting to worship Him at His feet? Keep running the race my friends, for the glory of Christ the King.

1 comment:

Tracy Roberts said...

And here in my quiet time, He captured my heart, once again. http://tracyroberts.blogspot.com/2008/11/captive-heart.html