Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Romans 1-9


This morning, I listened to a sermon by David Platt that was preached at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in September of this year. The sermon text was Romans 9. However, before he began with the text, he wanted us to understand the whole context; so he read Romans 1-8!! I was blown away by the power of God's Word. Nehemiah 8:5-6 tells us the time when Ezra the scribe, opened the Word in the sight of the gathered people. As the Word was opened, the people stood. Ezra blessed the Lord, the Great God, and people responded to the Word with answering, "Amen, Amen, lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (8:6).


I want to devote my life captivated to the Word. I want to join the bride as we applaud the Word of God. More than a song, more than an event, more than a leader, more than a team, more than a movie, more than another book; I want my life to applaud the Word. I'm drawn to worship by the Word. I am sanctified through the Word. Please join me today as we bow our heads and worship our King with our faces to the ground... Remember Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Praise Him today for His amazing grace! Let us join Luther when he said, "I am bound by the Scriptures that I have adduced, and my conscience has been taken captive by the Word of God"


No comments: