Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Christ Glorified

My aim in my life is to glorify my Risen Savior in all that I say and do. I believe His glory outweighs human comforts. Yesterday, I went to books-a-million with some friends, to look at possible books to read together. While I was walking through the "Christian Living" section, I was horrified by the rubbish I saw. One author offers his steps on how to be successful, while rejecting the doctrine of the Holy Trinity (I don't want to be near him on judgment day; I pray he gets saved.) Another author offers her steps on how to live healthy...while ignoring the bigger issue; SIN. I picked up another book that offers chapters on how to live a happier, more fulfilling life...while ignoring the joy of walking IN Christ daily. Why do we waste money on books that offer no hope in a Risen Savior, no guilty tears toward His Blood shed, no talks on proclaiming His excellencies across the nation, or no joy in humble and broken worship of God Almighty? Be careful what you buy and read that has the label, "Christian Living." I am a Christian, living under the authority of my King. I can offer you steps on living a joyful life...read Galatians 2:20; crucify yourself with Christ, and allow Him to live victoriously in and through you. Romans 5:1 offers to us the foundational truth that we are indeed justified ONLY through His blood. what other book would I want to spend money on? I want to read and study of the riches of my King. Ephesians 1:7 reminds me that I am given the glory of salvation by the RICHES of His Grace! Wow, what a King!

I like what Spurgeon said in response to a question of his theology..."It is Jesus Christ...Jesus who is the sum and substance of the Gospel, who is in Himself all theology, the incarnation of every precious truth, the all glorious personal embodiment of the way, the truth, and the life."

He didn't answer with any "step by step, Christian living" type book. He boasted in only Christ! He lived his life in humble admiration of His King. My aim is to glorify my Risen Savior in all I say and do. Please join me.

Blessings,

Dave

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yesterday I was broken over the lousy books some people base their lives on. A lady called in to the Fish, talking about how her husband is in the process/trying to divorce her. She said she was upset, although she's happy because she's read one of these books that teaches her how to be happy. Her "husband" doesn't understand how she can be happy during this time and takes that as evidence that she doesn't care. She thinks the only problem is that he won't read this book...how sad!