Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Sweet night at the Ballpark

Dad and I supporting our Cardinals...

Last night I had the rare privilege of seeing the St. Louis Cardinals play baseball against the Atlanta Braves. Even though the Cards lost 2-1 (thanks to the bullpen), it was a fun night. I'm grateful for my dear friend Steve Goforth and his willingness to take me to the park. Nothing like a nice Spring evening of baseball to get this week in motion.

While at the game, several sweet memories of baseball games from the past, with my father, came to mind. My earliest memory that I hold is sitting next to dad, at a Cards game. I remember pouring upon him question after question about the game. I remember leaving and wanting to know more about each player. I remember the day that I finally learned what E.R.A. meant and how it showed the value of each pitcher. I remember how dad explained to me that math was important to the game (figuring out the batting average of each player) and how math should be important to me as well. It was a rich time in my life. Those memories of going to the ball park, with my dad, were indeed sweet. When I see the Cards play, I think of dad and how it would be great to go to another game with him again. (Even last night, he sent me text messages...which is still odd, asking about the score).

When we enter into corporate worship as the bride of Christ, may we indeed enter with great anticipation. May we dive into the rich Word of God which hopes of finding answers to our questions. May we take communion and remember the atonement. May we rejoice together in the joy of salvation and weep together in the affects of sin. May our memories on this side of glory be filled with the greatness of God Almighty and how He daily reveals Himself to His bride.


Just random thoughts for this beautiful day. I hope the cards win today.


Soli Deo Gloria!


Dave

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I hope you had a good time last night. I sure missed you!!!