Thursday, April 2, 2009

Inspired by students


Last night, I believe the Lord opened my soul to receive inspiration from my high school students. I'm amazed by their passion for Christ and their desire to see their friends get saved. Lucas, an 11th grade student who is fairly new to our ministry, brought 3 of his friends with him to church. On top of that, a friend of his that has come with him...drove himself to church..on his own initative! It's neat to see the Spirit use an 11th grader to bring 4 friends total to church. When I went to bed last night, I was overwhelmed with joy. I see a new generation rising up that desires to bring God all the glory. I see a generation that lives out 1 Peter 2:9, "But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" I see a generation that isn't backing down from the truth of Scripture. I believe they are also living out 1 Timothy 4:12, "Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe."


May we take notes from this generation and never cease to proclaim the excellencies of HIM who has called us out of darkness and into His Marvelous Light!


Blessings,


Dave

1 comment:

Brooke said...

AMEN!! Why can't we all be so passionate??