Sunday, April 12, 2009

The joy of Easter; everyday

Tomorrow, I will blog on the mission trip that I took part of this past week. This morning, I want to boast in Christ. Happy Easter to you and your family. What a joyful morning we all hold today; to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior King. His atonement, His victory over death has given us the freedom to be justified to our Father. His faithfulness to drink the cup has given us the joy of never having to thirst again. His obedience to the cross gave us the sweet privilege of His vicarious substitution (fancy talk for our victory through His death; the death that all of us deserved.) I rejoice today is Easter. However, I'm puzzled to why we only wait one day a year to focus so much on the cross, the empty tomb, the victory over death... why can't we celebrate every day as if it were Easter? I look this morning at the tomb at celebrate that everyday, it sits empty. My Savior is on His throne! He has risen from the dead, and He is Lord! Join me everyday as I boast in the empty tomb. Praise the Lord! The Son has risen! He has conquered death so that we can all be more than conquerers; for His great glory.

I recommend a book to you entitled, "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" by John Piper. You can have it read in a few days. It is only 13 chapters long. I was privileged to read it this past weekend. I'm encouraged by the challenge that Piper gives us. We as a church seem to savor Christ more on Easter than on any other day. I wonder if we were to see and savor Christ daily, what would that look like for missions? What would that look like for worship? What would this dark, sinful world think? Friend, join me, at least today, as I see and savor Christ. He has risen!

Happy Easter to you. Since we are going to sing this song this morning, I'd like to put the words here. May you find all your joy, all your desire, all your satisfaction in the King daily.

I will Rise, by Chris Tomlin
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees And rise I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "Worthy is the Lamb"

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I absolutely loved Easter at Summit this year. What a joy it was to celebrate my Savior alongside my brothers and sisters!!!