Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rebel in rap music produces joy

Right now, I'm listening to a guy named, "Lecrae." He is a born again believer in Jesus Christ, who happens to rap. His rapping truly is preaching...with great style. I'm loving it. I love the doctrines of Scripture. We can't just look at doctrines as seminary required teachings. In this music today, I've learned about justification, sanctification, and glorification. I've learned about the battles against the sinful nature with the spiritual nature (Romans 7.) I've learned that being a child of the living God may entail being a rebel in a sinful society;such as much of America. Romans 12:2 teaches me this. If we truly are to take with us the idea that we are not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds...this means the sinful luxuries of this world do not appeal to us. This isn't our home. We are indeed aliens, according to Peter. It's awesome. I'm loving it. This rap music is good. Check it out. Go to itunes and look up lecrae...and enjoy.

Blessings,

Dave

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Finally, a good Christian rap artist. I love it!!! He truly has been given a gift. I pray that this music reaches those who previously would have never listened to Christian music.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Dave's a gangsta! Fresh from my Nashville trip I've got 4 or 5 Christian hip-hop CDs. I asked the guy at the table what style they were. He said, "These are East coast, these are West coast, we've even got some mid-coast."

Mid-coast? I still don't know if that's an actual style of hip-hop or if he knew I was a poseur so he was teasing me.